Another September 11

My mind replays that morning every year on this day.
I woke up to the sound of the phone ringing minutes before 9 a.m.
I picked up and heard my sister shouting at mii "Kemi get your butt over here ooo we have been packing since 7 and you are still in bed".
You see my uncle was moving from Berrien Springs to Indianapolis that day and the previous night we had been up till around 2 a.m. packing boxes. So I got out of bed, brushed my teeth, and on my way to the front door, I turned on the TV to get the highlights from CNN as was my custom. My desensitized soul first thought it was a movie clip on CNN until I read the headlines at the bottom of the screen. 

I remember that day and every year I wonder if those who died would ask for a second chance at life. 
A few minutes ago I saw the video clip of Aimee Copeland (the young lady from Georgia who was infected with flesh eating bacteria earlier this year) and her appreciation for life leaves me speechless. Because everyday i complain. 


 

Every single day I find one reason to complain. 
She is missing all her fingers and toes, hands and feet, and yet she thanks God for life. 

I don't know what September 11 means to you, but this video is an indictment for mii.

Air is a gift. 
The ability to breathe it freely is a lottery ticket worth celebrating.
Thank You Jesus for this day of life. 

4 comments:

Tolu O said...

Thank you for this powerful and humbling reminder to be grateful for life, for the little things I have come to take as "normal"


Abba, I am grateful, Thank you! :)

patrina's Pencil said...

I couldn't view the video...but sure it was a powerful testimony...Air is the gift of life. Sure brings things into perspective, doesn't it? blessings to you Kafo
Patrina <")>><

Kafo Ola said...

God is sooo good, He is soo good to me.

patrina said...

came back to see if I could view the video...I did! must have been something the Lord wanted me to see. It was a great story of HOPE and restored life. nothing is impossible with God. The Lord is bringing me to an inner circle where He is highlighting the 'greater good' ...in such times as these. This was for the greater good. she survived! Her survival is a testimony to our great God.

thanks for sharing this
blessings
patrinia <")>><