Surrender

I like to plan.
Before I go and buy ice-cream, I do a google search of the company and the popular flavors. I also find out information about the caloric intake and a review of previous customers. I also search for any coupons and print them out if need be. At this point I then schedule a  specific time, and find out the 3 buses that can get mii to the location for the specified time.
I don't leave anything to chance. On arriving at the store I taste at least 3 different flavors before buying and ask if there are any additional promotions that will reduce the price. I then sit down and eat my ice-cream.

So maybe that is why surrendering to God is excrutiatingly difficult. I like plans and schedules. I like to know the outcome before I embark on the journey but God doesn't work that way.

A couple of days ago, I saw this picture on Jaycee's blog and then somehow the words in Isaiah 45:9  came to mii. “What sorrow awaits those who argue with their Creator.
Does a clay pot argue with its maker?
Does the clay dispute with the one who shapes it, saying,‘Stop, you’re doing it wrong!’
Does the pot exclaim, ‘How clumsy can you be?’".


The Message translation of the next verse,
"Would a sperm say to a father,
   'Who gave you permission to use me to make a baby?'
Or a fetus to a mother,
   'Why have you cooped me up in this belly?'"


clinches it for mii.

I gotta surrender and stop questioning.

Wish mii luck
Better yet, pray for mii oooooo.



I guess I could turn it around, and be all up in YOUR business and ask what is preventing you from surrendering to your Creator, but I live in Canada now and Canadians are not intrusive, so I'll respect your space and let the image say what I won't. (wink wink) 



Enjoy the latest photoshop fusion Kafoduction.

3 comments:

iNyamu(FQ) said...

It's hard to surrender...especially when you have no idea what the details of the blueprint are... my only comfort in going through life 'blindly' is that He loves me too much to make me go through pain for nothing. I am comforted that his plans are not for evil but for good, to give me an expected end.

dosh said...

lmho! do you really do that before going anywhere or buying anything? Wow! Thank God we don't leave together cos impulse is my thing, lol

I guess the mystery of how God operates is one of the things that ironically makes us trust Him because He has a way of working it all out for our good especially when we've done all we can and it seems like hope is lost. It is still hard to let go and simply believe sha but faith has never beans ;)

Daydah said...

It makes me lament too - not knowing what He has in store for me, or what he wants me to do. But I have learnt to stop asking 'why me?' and ask 'please can you show me why you want it this way?' instead.
Its very hard, but I keep trying.
And everytime I have any struggle, I just look out the window at the car that was stolen on April 7, 2011, found on April 14, 2011, but was 'hidden' from us until April 3, 2012, safe and sound, just relaxing and waiting for us. That is a miracle I do not doubt.