Pre-flight Speech

Thank you for flying Turkish Airlines, in the seat pocket in front of you is a card describing the safety features of the aircraft, please take it out and follow along. To fasten your seatbelt insert the flat metal fitting into the buckle, pull on strap to tighten, and lift the upper portion to release. We'd like to draw your attention to the 8 emergency exit locations. 4 emergency window exits mid cabin, 2 emergency door exits in front and 2 door exits in rear …..
When was the last time you paid full attention to the flight attendant’s pre-flight speech?
If you are like me, the first time you flew on a plane you listened to every word.

But with each successive flight I listened less.
 It’s gotten to the point when I almost have their speech memorized so why do I have to listen when I have  important things to do (playing Angry Birds, Sudoku, Tetris on my iPod).


“…You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
 For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes. ….”


Matthew 13: 14b – 15a NIV

Jesus loves you.

Heard it so many times and now it’s just another a pre-flight speech,
Preachers teach and try and reach our souls but we view them as spiritual flight attendants
           Our preference are the short feel good ones that lack substance
           Our reverance now a science - we mastered the essence of being godly

Oddly enough the rules fail to fill our souls, sin drillin' holes has taken it's toll and we can't be whole 'cuz  we are empty.

Gently? No,  I'll put it bluntly.
                           Churchtians hear but never understand.
                           Churchtians see but never percieve.
 

                         Jesus loves you.
                         Jesus is coming soon.  

is not another pre-flight speech                                

5 comments:

Daydah said...

Am I Churchtian...Sad.
This year is about trying to remove the callouses on my soul though.
Let's keep on praying for all our brethren.
I love you.

dosh said...

This is good, this is sooo good. Thank you!

Kafo said...

@ dosh: i'm glad you like it, i'm thinking of doing a series on Churchtians to help remove the veil that clouds our judgement many times

@ Daydah: sweetie, you can't be angry at my inattentiveness ooo, u are in my prayers. Love.

justsoyouknow said...

I totally agree with you. In fact being a frequent flyer, you despised hearing the lengthy speech and instructions flight attendants are demonstrating.

salt lake city web design

Tisha said...

I keep eternity in view
Its more difficult now
But i remember
My challenges make me more
conscious of God and less of people.