Sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

Don't tell anyone.

I FORGOT ABOUT THANKSGIVING.
My excuse:
I've been out of the US for almost a year.
To be exact, it's been 11 months and 19 days and i guess a couple of seconds.

I'm blaming it on the weather.
In Nigeria, it has gotten hotter and so my mind isn't thinking autumn and leaves, pumpkins and turkeys.
I'm thinking beach, sun, sunscreen and grading papers.

ANYWAYzzzzz.

Here's my thanksgiving list.
  1. My mom: I really believe that God sent an angel to help my human (pastor) father. Because every single week I'm amazed by her graciousness and caring demeanor. Every morning she makes breakfast and/or smoothies and then goes to work before I'm even up. I am soo spoilit.
  2. My kids: Tiny and DD: This year has been crazy hard, 90% of the people I love and consider close friends live in the US but I have these two kids that aren't mine but each day I see them its like joy mixed with happiness and sprinkled with spontaneity. Of course they parents are like an added bonus.
  3. Skype:  What would the world be without Skype? I just saw Sunshine for the first time in like 5 weeks and i can't believe that it has almost been a year since we stood in the same space. I mean i get the whole long distance of 3 months but 1 year. Thank God for SKYPE cuz without Skype, Sunshine and I would, wow, i don't kow how our relationship would be.
  4. My students: especially 300 Level CIS. Oh my word. So i didn't expect to fall in love with teaching. I didn't expect to fall in love with Naija. But now that i'm about to leave I think about all these wonderful young people that made this year one of purpose. When i'm in class lecturing or dealing with registration issues I forget about all my issues and all those things I wish I had. When I look into their eyes and see the seeds of knowledge take root and know that they get the concept, i feel fulfilled. I can't really believe that I'm going to miss them but I am.
  5. My mother's husband: seriously my dad is a basket of emotion and a teddy bear. Wonderful.
  6. Sisters: SLynM, JbJd, OgeOge, LAnn, RB: they kept in touch. I don't have that many friends but these four ladies called mii. Spent money to call mii every single month, texted, bbmed. I am blessed to have these five ladies in my life. They are like my sisterFriends. So I'm taking God for my sisterSisters (who love mii) and my sisterFriends, ALL EIGHT OF THEM
  7. Trinity: I don't understand how this year ended up being such a wonderful year. It amazes mii and confounds mii. I was supposed to be miserable, but I'm not. I was supposed to be depressed but I'm  not. Sooo for some wierd reason that is only known to the Trinity this year has been beautiful. 
    I've found purpose for my life, i can finally say definitively that I know what I'm supposed to be doing till He returns.
    By leaps and bounds, my self worth has grown to the point where I'm now battling with pride. :(
    Most importantly,  I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt that even when it doesn't make sense, and even when it hurts, He will make all things beautiful.
    So i got peace that the world cannot purchase nor appreciate or understand.
    I AM BLESSED.

So that's mii
What are you grateful for.

...

5 comments:

Blessing said...

AWWWWWWWW what a beautiful post!!! So happy for you, you def have a lot to be thankful for! Congrats!

Mwajim Al said...

I love this :) "I AM BLESSED". Indeed, indeed :)

Robyn said...

I havent been here for awhile due to alot of work.But running through your blog has helped catch up.

Vixen said...

Wow Kafo! I Love you so much. This really helped put my life in perspective. We are blessed to have you.

Olufunke said...

Its been a while I was here.
Just did a quick run through your blog.

I particularity like this post.
So much God has done
And ...that you now have clear understanding of purpose...great!


Thanks for sharing