A Proverb A Day Keeps Stupidity Away XXX

CHPT 30 V. 7 - 9

 “Two things I ask of you, LORD;   do not refuse me before I die:
 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;   give me neither poverty nor riches,   
but give me only my daily bread.
Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you   and say, 
‘Who is the LORD?’Or I may become poor and steal,   
and so dishonor the name of my God.
(NIV)

And then he prayed, "God, I'm asking for two things before I die; don't refuse me—
Banish lies from my lips and liars from my presence.Give me enough food to live on,   
neither too much nor too little.If I'm too full, I might get independent,   saying, 
'God? Who needs him?'If I'm poor, I might steal   and dishonor the name of my God." 
(MSG)



Solomon is asking for two things. Can you ask God for the same?
Can your daily wish be to be free from lies and blessed with just enough to live off of?
Or are you determined to be rich?



PRAYER: Lord free me from lies, help me be content.

1 comments:

Tisha said...

Your presence always and sensitivity to the spirit