A Proverb A Day Keeps Stupidity Away XXIII

CHP 23 V. 35
They have struck me, but I was not hurt; They have beaten me, but I did not feel it. When shall I awake, that I may seek another drink? (NKJV)
Alcohol is not the devil, but it doesn’t bring you closer to God. Jesus said and is quoted in Matt 12:30, “This is a war, there is no neutral ground, if you are not gathering, you are scattering, if you are not helping me you are making things worse.”
Can I extend it to say, that anything you do that doesn’t bring you closer to God is hurting you? Or is that a generalization. Alcohol is NOT the devil, but when you lose control and have to be reminded of your actions the next morning. Something is wrong.

PRAYER: I don’t drink, but there are addictions of the heart that I commit in secret, that have negative impact on my relationship with You, please Father help me to seek you and not hid behind such destructive habits.

1 comments:

2cute4u said...

Powerful Post!
Nothing more to be said..