A Proverb A Day Keeps Stupidity Away XIX

CHP 19 V. 21
There are many plans in a man’s heart, nevertheless the Lord’s counsel – that will stand. (NKJV)
We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God’s purpose prevails (MSG)

Plans and back up plans, alternate routes for every section of life’s journey. We estimate and rearrange it all depending on the traffic or obstacles in our current path.

To what end?


As a child of God, His Will prevails.
But we are conditioned to make plans, escape routes and contingencies but God orders the steps of the righteous. Each fork in the road He sees before you got into your car, each pothole He sees miles ahead. So try, even though it’s hard to be at peace with where you are, because His will prevails.

PRAYER: Seriously God, this is NOT what I need to hear today. I need a proverb that says that you will give me the desires of my heart because I am a good Christian. Instead I get stuck with this one about how Your will will prevail regardless of my back up plans. I need help. Am I interpreting this wrong? Please have mercy Lord.

3 comments:

tunrayo said...

This is so what i needed to hear today. I just wonder if it applies to me cos me and my Father haven't been so close.

Tisha said...

yeah
I hate to hear this
But i forgot
He always knows best
and His plans are good

Just look at JOSEPH

Jaycee said...

Awwww, this is so what I need today. God bless you, missy. Father, may Your will prevail in my life and the lives of everyone who reads this.