A Proverb A Day Keeps Stupidity Away XIV

CHP 14 v. 12


There is a path before each person that seems right, but it ends in death (NLT)

The scary thing is not the death part, at some point we all WILL die if the Lord tarries for another century. The scary part is the fact that the person thought they were on the right path. Can you trust your heart to lead you home? According to King Solomon you can’t. Hollywood tells us with every single TV show that is feelings should be our guide, follow your heart, do what you feel is right. What does your heart say and then the guy races across town to find the lady of his dreams and they live happily ever after.
NOT.
There is a way of life that looks harmless enough; look again – it leads straight to hell. (MSG)
So trust not your feelings and lean NOT on your own understanding.

PRAYER: The older I get, the more confident I feel in my opinions. Lord help me not to trust myself, because my opinions may seem right but aren’t. Shake mii so that I rely ONLY on YOU to direct my path. Let your word but the light guides my feet.

2 comments:

Tisha said...

Hi
I have missed you
My prayer is help me not to trust
the opinions of me
Help me to trust your word above all

Tisha said...

Hi
I have missed you
My prayer is help me not to trust
the opinions of me
Help me to trust your word above all