A Proverb A Day Keeps Stupidity Away: IV

CHAPTER 4 VERSE 25

"Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you."  (NLT)
"Keep your eyes straight ahead; ignore all sideshow distractions."
  (MSG)

Imagine a 100m Olympic athelete turning to look at the shoes another competitor is wearing in the middle of the race.
Or a race car driver pulling over to complain about a certain opponents tactics right before the final lap.
Or two members of a soccer team pausing in center field to dicuss the lack of skills the opposing team goalie has.

IT WOULDN'T MAKE SENSE


Neither does my focus on another person's blessings on this life's journey or my cry to God when the wicked prosper, or my gossipping about another Christians moral fall.

I am to fix my eyes not on others or their blessings or their issues but solely on my destination, heaven. This is the standard.

Prayer: Facebook and TV make it hard Lord for mii not to compare myself to others. Forgive mii for all the times I have used another person as the standard instead of you. This sideshow Lord, help me to ignore and focus solely on the author and finisher of my faith, your Son, Jesus Christ

1 comments:

NBB said...

So many distractions out there, may God help us live a focused life.