Stupid


The 12th verse of the 10th chapter of Paul's Second Letter to the church in Corinth says, 

We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise
(NIV)

Oh, don’t worry; we wouldn’t dare say that we are as wonderful as these other men who tell you how important they are! But they are only comparing themselves with each other, using themselves as the standard of measurement. How ignorant! (NLT)

We won't dare compare ourselves with those who think so much of themselves. But they are foolish to compare themselves with themselves.  (CEV)





              NOT WISE
             IGNORANT
             FOOLISH
                  STUPID

I am not calling you stupid, i really can't do that, but he who has an ear let him hear let him hear what Paul is saying.
The internet, facebook, television create this false hierarchy of success and unfortunately at times I'm stupid enough to feel bad because on facebook my friend is pregnant and I'm single, I'm stupid enough at times to feel sad because I'm driving an '06 Corolla and Meredith Grey has a 2011 mini cooper. Sometimes I'm stupid enough to get online and window shop and end up sad and discontent because of a yardstick that is false and unrealistic.

So yeah this isn't about you, 
it's mii.I have my stupid moments. 
Times when I spend money 
I don't have on things
I don't need because of what people who 
I don't know have.
Seriously, 
this isn't about you. 
It's mii.

I'm stupid

9 comments:

Tisha said...

You are so NOT stupid
i am sure
Make a 'U' turn

You may have moments when you don't make the right decisions
But it doesn't make you stupid

It's between You and God
and He loves you
so live according to His standards!

Oracle said...

Before I say anything, Kafo is that your voice?

If yes, then there's a part of you thatz not stupid.

Anyway back to business, honey we all fall for that stupidity. (Trust me), and don't blame yourself for falling coz itz human. It would even be STUPID if you think you don't have that weakness.

There's that itch to wanna get the best, wanna impress, drive by in the latest, trust me dear itz a natural feeling. The stupidity resonates, shimmers, reflects in the extent you can go to get it, to shine before men.

Ooh dear you inspire me, this is gonna be my next poem.
Perfect title "I'm Stupid"

Finally, I kinda like the way you prononuce "stupid" it sounds so ..............stupid? lol (just kidding)

David C Brown said...

I'm sure we're all pretty stupid like that sometimes!

However God has been ready to use "the foolishness of the preaching to save those that believe".

Neers said...

brilliant!

p.s: is it a chance, my iPod was playing zombie while i was reading this??


p.p.s: how have you been?

eni.ola said...

Hey... I drive a 93 Camry and you drive an 06 Corolla :(

Seriously though, I guess we all go thru these phases - it will most likely happen again. But hopefully as you get older/wiser the timeline between the times when you feel sad/jealous will hopefully increase to the point where God totally delivers us all from it.

So how are you... been a while since I read ur blog. Good to know u r still around :)

Kafo said...

@ eni.ola
I'm good and in one piece, going thru a bit of a transition on my blog and in my life but God still sits on His throne so all is well

@ Neers
I'm good, how are you and your wonderful son,hope he never ceases to amaze and bring you joy

@ David C. Brown
You are right. I was just struck by the strong language that Paul used to describe those who compare

@ Oracle: I'm laughing ooo
how did i say stupid
lol

@ Tisha: U turns have been made, facebook has been ignored and then just when you think u have it down, someone calls and you are back to comparing yourself again to other

but one step at a time i guess

Daydah said...

Yeah Kafo, there is a way you said the last 'I'm stupid'. iLike!
To the point as usual sis!
But one thing is certain - you are NOT stupid o!

Jaycee said...

This is the second time today I'm reading that verse. There's absolutely no need to compare, each man has been given a unique DNA. Each unique DNA will make an amazing footprint (only if we remember this).

Kafo said...

i think technology and the media have a way of trying to make us all believe that we all are the same and so we must all get the same things.
i realize that when i haven't watched TV in a while or been a facebook, i'm okay