My Daddy is Retired oooooooooooooooo

This is what I wanted to say

Do you know why we are here?
We are not here because my father is the smartest man because he isn’t.
He has received more than ONCE all the grades available, from A to F
We are not here because my father had the most connections because he doesn’t
He grew up in a tiny town in Ekiti state away from those of influence
We are not here because he is the best preacher because he isn’t
We are not here because he is the most handsome man because he will be the first to admit that he isn’t
We are here today because of two words
Surrender and Grace
Approximately 40 years ago, my father made a conscious choice to surrender his whole life. This was not an easy decision and sometimes it didn’t make sense. He surrendered to God in the good times, in the bad times, when it made sense and even when it didn’t and that is why we are here today. This is the first time that our nuclear family, the seven of us have been together in 12 years and yet through it all, through the separation and pain from his children and sometimes His wife he surrendered to God.
We are here because my father, a man like any other surrendered and God in his infinite wisdom bestowed his Grace upon him.
So today I give Glory to God the Father for his love and the Son, Jesus Christ for working out the rough edges on this imperfect man, Joseph Adebisi Ola who surrendered to God.
To my dad you rock because you figured out the most important thing in life is to love those you have been blessed with and surrender daily to the will of God
To my mom you rock because for 35 years you have lived with my dad and supported his ever move even when you didn’t understand it.
To everyone here today thank you for coming to celebrate this surrendered man blessed by the grace of God. So let us give God all the honor, glory and praise.

This is what I said
I love you daddy.
I love you soo much.
Okay I’m going to cry because Busayo has made me all emotional and stuff.
My dad over the course of the last three years has called just to say Hi. He would call me everyday at 2 a.m. just to check in and ask about all my sisters. That isn’t the reason why I love him so much. Today I love him soo much because he surrenders to the will of God even when it doesn’t make sense and separates him from his wife and kids, he follows God
And then the tears started to fall
I love you
And then I passed the microphone to the next person because the tears were streaming down my face.


So i've been in Naija for 10 days
and I'm trying to figure out how people survive with no internet
I have eating too many yams and plantains that I'm sure my intestines are turning to yams.
I have also eating Suya, i need to eat it at least 4 more times before new year's
what else
I have a profound hatred for NEPA and all things that are controlled by the government
Seriously how can Senators be getting paid 150 thousand US dollars a month and our country be this way.
I am going to start a campaign against all Nigerian leaders, even Obama doesn't earn that much in a year and here we are.

I'm also learning about MTN and GLO and credit and it's fun.

Not sure when the next update will be but stay blessed and beautiful.

8 comments:

Good Naija Girl said...

Ah! The reason for your trip are revealed. Your tribute to your father (spoken and unspoken) were beautiful! I'm so glad you have a parent that you're so proud of and love so deeply.

I can relate to your frustrations with Nigeria. Regarding living without internet: it's easier to do so if you haven't first had ready access to it.

Mwajim Al said...

awww I'm so glad you are having fun!!! There is def. no place like home. Above all, I could feel the gratitude emanating from your words, and it is a beautiful sight. Remain Blessed!

Blessing said...

Awww...that was beautiful. Congrats to your dad!!! He sounds like an outstanding man of God. Enjoy the rest of your trip and eat some suya for me!!!

LusciousRon said...

Congrats to your Dad. Next time you are around, get the Starcomms iZap, its like a USB and you take it everywhere. It doesn't fail me.

2cute4u said...

Happy for you and your family..
Wishing you the very best this season, Now and always..
Please keep enjoying your stay in Naija..

Jaycee said...

Awwwwwww...I almost cried when I read what you wrote to him.

Merry Christmas darling. I'm glad you're having fun with MTN and co...lol. Lots of love to you this Christmas.

PS: Now enjoying the songs on your sidebar. Beautiful. :)

Tisha said...

Your father sounds like the kind of man i'd like to spend the rest of my life with.
You are indeed blessed.

I pray God sends me a man who can surrender his will to him and so what God says.
A man full of the spirit of God and glad about.
This is so touching!

I pray my dad surrenders to Jesus soon cos life outside him is so colorless.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Happy New year to you mi dear. How have you been??