Rack, Shack and Benny

Daniel 3
20 And he commanded certain mighty men of valor who were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, and cast them into the burning fiery furnace. 21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their trousers, their turbans, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. 22 Therefore, because the king’s command was urgent, and the furnace exceedingly hot, the flame of the fire killed those men who took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. 23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished; and he rose in haste and spoke, saying to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the midst of the fire?”
They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.”
25 “Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.


hmmmm
  1. They went into the furnace bound: The devil has a way of shaping our temptation in such a way that we are crippled and bound going into them. He knows our proclivities and our weaknesses  and so he  fashions a trial that is heightens the pain because of our issues.  For instance, I'm immune to alcohol so the devil doesn't tempt me in a bar, he tempts me in a bookstore. So beware lest you fall.

  2. They were cast into the midst of the fiery furnace:  You will go through the fire, unfortunately God doesn't rescue all of us before we get into the fire, just because you have faith and take a stand for God doesn't me the devil will let go that easily. I always thought that all I had to do was stand for him and He will let trials pass over me, but it's not always that easy, sometimes you will have to walk through the fire

  3. They  were four men: He meets you IN the furnace, IN your trials, IN your tribulation, that is where you see Him. I have to admit that most days I'm blind to His working, good or bad, so this gave me hope that I might eventually see Him in this mess.

  4. They were all loose: They went in bound, but came out loose. Wow. The weakness, the proclivity, the spiritual deficiency that the devil used to cast you into the fire, you lose. Christ sets you free from yourself IN the fire. You are then free, free to live, free to share, free to worship. I'm most honest in my tribulation, I realize that sin seizes to control me when I'm in trial, i think it is because I'm focused on the source of my strength.

  5. They were not hurt: God burnt up the chains that had them bound but they were not hurt. This is where I lose it y'all,  because most days I feel like I'm hurting, most days including today I feel emotional and sometimes physical bruised, but they were not hurt and so I take comfort because my soul will not be hurt, though this physical body perish, I will rise. You see, I serve a God who has power to burn up my chains and the ropes that bind my character but leave me untouched.


Oh my word, this is deep, G. I. G. God is good.

Another thought just crossed my mind,
How did King Neby know what Christ looked liked?
Could it be that the lost around us will only see Christ when we are in the fire?
Could it be that we might not even have to give them a bible study and they will see Him?

6 comments:

Rainyjoy said...

WOW, this is some deep deep revelation, omg !

while i was reading, this scripture came to my mind -Isaiah 43:2 '....When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze'

the reason why we don't get burnt is because Jesus is there with us(double wow !)
you didn't just stop there but this question got me thinking 'Could it be that the lost around us will only see Christ when we are in the fire? hmmmh, it is well.

i need to digest this well,there is so much the HolySpirit has revealed through you.
remain blessed

Blessing said...

This is deep indeed....I've read that story so many times and I never saw it like that! WOOOOWW

Thank God for using you and thanks for sharing!

Kafo said...

@ Rainjoy: Have a peaceful weekend. I'm just a vessel, I originally heard a sermon 3 years ago and so I'm just passing the message along.

Kafo said...

@ Blessing: So we were typing at the exact time. The comment list went from 1 to 3 and I was like WHAT, HOW. Anywayz God works in mysterious way because at different times in my life, different messages have shined through and have helped me a lot. Tst his week it's just accepting that the fire will not disappear just because I stand for him

have a blessed weekend.

2cute4u said...

Food to my soul..

Robyn said...

I have missed your Blog Mate.ti's good.