Anniversary Day

150 years ago in a lil' town in Michigan, 
Christian pioneers gathered together to label their movement.
They chose the name
Seventh Day Adventist Christians
Christians: followers of Christ who believe Jesus was and IS the Son of God.
Adventists: living in expectancy of the 2nd advent of  Christ
Day: each day striving to share the light we have received as we profess our creation which occurred in days not millenniums
Seventh: remembering, living and proclaiming all the truth not just the comfortable parts

...

It's a new month
October
Something happened yesterday that might have a huge impact on my life.
A friend shared this verse
and it is my new promise to claim
So this is a shout out to all my fellow SDAC may God continue to use you to further His will

But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
1 Peter 5:10 
So embrace this promise as you walk CONFIDENTLY into the last quarter of this year.
...

Today marks the 50th celebration of Nigeria's independence.
50 years
Still together
I have to admit that most years I shun this celebration because it seem ridiculous given the current state of affairs.
But today
i think
50 years and we are still together.
There has to be something good to come out of all this strife.
So yeah, today I celebrate my country.



Enjoy this video

5 comments:

Jaycee said...

Happy new month of October dearie. I like the verse in 1 Peter 5:10, and the new format of your blog is oh-so-lovely.

Rita said...

welcome to the last quarter of the year. I was not in the mood to rejoice about Nigeria but those words...'and we're still together' made me have a rethink...

disgodkidd said...

i like the new theme too.

Tisha said...

still getting used to the new theme.

still together...
i like
Nigeria is gonna remain together.

Kafo said...

@ Tisha: me too. i don't know if i am going to keep this layout long. I don't know if i'm in love with it. I like it but i miss my savannah sunset

Amen ooo. Let Naija remain together and at peace

@ Disgodkidd: i like but not sure if it will remain. what do you like about it

@ Rita: i'm looking at it as an abusive marriage that has stood the test of time so hopefully this next stretch we will be able to work with our difference and reconcile them and be a good grandparent to the next generation of nigerians.

@ Jaycee: i really am claiming that verse ooo. I have to admit that it is hard to believe that God will do those four things. But one day at a time that is how i'm approaching it