Using you

He loves mii.
The real mii.
He did not choose me to use mii.
He chose mii not because I could increase his social standing or money bags.
He didn't choose me for my abilities in the kitchen or bedroom.
He LOVES mii.

On another note.

God loves you.
God did not choose you to use you
He chose you not because you could increase the number of people in His church or the size of it.
He didn't choose you for your abilities in the kitchen or the church boardroom.
He LOVES you.

Meditate on this.
Because if the only connection you have with God is the work you do for Him
There is a problem.
God is like a husband, he didn’t marry you because of the food you can cook, or the bed you can make.
He married you because he wants a relationship with You. Not one primarily based on your service but one steeped in your desire to listen to His will and surrender your life to Him.

Service is easy
Surrender is ...





please pray for me oooo
i'm in soo much pain right now. It's been 8 days since i removed my wisdom teeth and now i have been told by my dentist that i have a complication called dry socket. Which is basically hell on earth in your mouth. I have a friend's wedding this weekend so I need a major physical breakthrough as soon as possible. So please pray for me.

11 comments:

Jaycee said...

Do you know how amazing this post is? The message, the song...wow. God bless you for reminding us that He did not choose me just to use me.

I esp liked this, "If the only connection you have with God is the work you do for Him, there is a problem."

I pray the pain from removing your wisdom tooth subsides. Pele, dearie.

Rainyjoy said...

i liked this 'service is easy, surrender is for me, death to flesh which is hard.

sorry about the pain, by His grace it will subside before the day of the wedding (wink wink)
X

Maid of Heart said...

I love this phrase: 'He married you because he wants a relationship with You. Not one primarily based on your service but one steeped in your desire to listen to His will and surrender your life to Him.'

It makes the thoughts of God so endearing. Thank you for sharing this.

The Lord will ease your pain in Jesus name. Amen!

Tisha said...

Yes
He is my first husband and
I know He is not using me.

I know He loves me
and yet surrendering to Him is still difficult from time to time.

Yet I surrender to Jesus...

Tisha said...

Yes
He is my first husband and
I know He is not using me.

I know He loves me
and yet surrendering to Him is still difficult from time to time.

Yet I surrender to Jesus...

Myne Whitman said...

I always enjoy your playlist as long as \i can before commenting. I pray your teeth pain goes away soon. Take care.

Tricia said...

Hope your teeth is all better. Thank you for the reminder.

rethots said...

He simply loves us.

poeticallytinted said...

Sorry about your teeth. Get well fast.

Kafo said...

I AM WELL OOOOOOOOOOOOOO

okay not totally but now i can sleep through the whole night
GIG: God is good

@ poeticallytinted: thanks

@ rethots: Oh how He loves us

@ Tricia: God is good and I'm better thanks

@ Myne Whitman: right now I'm in a scripture based song list/ Gaither. So right now it is all about Psalms and the old stuff. I'm glad some of the songs you like

@ Tisha: yes it is, i guess it is harded when i try and focus on the future and not on the present

@ MaidofHeart: I'm not married but i'm hoping that is how it works :)

@ Rainyjoy: the wedding was a blast, i danced until my feet hurt. my mouth wasn't all better but i was able to go 5 hours without having to take any painkillers

@ Jaycee: i used to be a workaholic in church and yet at the end of the day i felt empty, used and sometime abused. so this was a blessing for me, reflecting on the story of martha and mary

Tisha said...

@ kafo
I always mutter to myself when we work that "i am a mary not a martha"

I don't feel ashamed either, we all be making choices and i can pick the one i want.