To steal or To ask? That is the question

Have you ever tried to steal what is rightfully yours?
Have you ever plotted to regain that which belongs to you?

So here is the story. 
(can't go into details 'cuz walls have ears and blogs have microphones)
I am going to steal what rightfully belongs to me because I am too weak to actually just ask for it. I have to admit that stealing this item will require me
to
skip a promising conversation,
spend three hours going through tons of papers and files,
memorize the location of at least 100 files,
remember to return the files to their original state,
pretend that I woke up late,
postpone an inevitable confrontation,
spend three hours sweating,
pack enough perfume to conceal the sweat that will occur,
arrive at an “event” pretty late,
sour the day,
and confirm my ineptness in handling sticky social issues.

Or I could just ask for it.  
Well actually in my situation I can’t hence the covert operation.

It’s weird, I am going to steal this item just because I shy away from confrontations but while I was plotting my theft I realized that on some level as Christians we do this. We steal what God wants to give us so freely; we plot ways to obtain when all we really have to do is ask for it.
Right now I’m stunned by the simplicity of following Christ.
It’s like dude all you got to do is ask
and yet instead we plot, steal, lie, connive,

In order to obtain peace, find joy, reduce loneliness, relieve anxiety we go to extreme lengths.

Item: Self Esteem Plot: liposuction in a country with cheap medical costs
Item: Happiness Plot: spend money on clothes, shoes, TVs, cars, planes etc
Item: Success Plot: lie on resumes, cheat on exams, marry Americans, lie on paperwork, betray a friend at work, lose our moral compass and …..
 and I could go on but I think y’all get it.

When you consider the amount of “work” that you have to put in to try and obtain “the item” seriously at some point you just might have to ask yourself if Asking God wouldn't be a whole lot easier.


But yeah wish mii luck that I don’t get caught ooooooooooooooooooo





oh in other news I finally made a facebook fan page
so you can like it on Facebook if you like it.
LOL
the link is the side bar.

8 comments:

Jaycee said...

Seriously we need to understand what's already free.

Item: Self Esteem Plot: liposuction in a country with cheap medical costs
Item: Happiness Plot: spend money on clothes, shoes, TVs, cars, planes etc
Item: Success Plot: lie on resumes, cheat on exams, marry Americans, lie on paperwork, betray a friend at work, lose our moral compass and …..

WORD!!!

Check out a new site: preservingthesaltiness.com

Kafo said...

preservingthesaltiness

i like this
wow
different vibe
thanks

doug said...

Thats why the greatest gift a person can get is 'the peace of God that passes all understanding'.

Society seems to have programmed us to always look for a price tag.

Daydah said...

seriously loving the new Blog look Kafo! And so glad to have you back on FB - am back in Blogsville too.

We should always ASK - sometimes the simplest things can be the hardest to understand....

Tisha said...

kafo...
what will i do to you?

kafo
you are the one.

DarLyn said...

So true, just ask- easy and uncomplicated. I hope I remember that next time I am tempted to steal

rethots said...

Wow!!!

Kafo said...

@ Rethots: G.I.G God is good

@ DarLyn: very easy but still we like to be in control and so we plan and plan and steal and plan

@ Tisha: yayyyyy i think you are the first person that liked my page on facebook, thanks oooo at least i think it is u

@ Daydah: my naija sister make mii an aunt oooooo

@ doug: programmed us to look for a price tag ....
i like that