Limits or Boundaries

Too many thoughts are running through my mind
Futile it seems to focus on one and write and so
....

At what point do we realize that we are inherently evil
Does it come before or after we annihilate every other creature in an attempt to satiate our desires?

At what point does hope give way to reality.
Does it happen before or after your dreams make a mockery out of your sanity?

At what point does being American conflict with being a Christian
Does it happen when tolerance contradicts the truth or when prosperity obscures peace?

At what point do you divorce your family
Does it happen before or after your misery brings them joy?

At what point do you decide to scream in church
Does it happen before mundane ritualistic litany of prayers or does it even happen at all?

At what point do you stop believing that the Sun will shine
Does it happen before or after you fail to see it for a week or a month?

At what point do you stop listening for His voice
Does it happen before or after the silence becomes deafening and begins to scream at you?

At what point do you stop believing that He cares
Does it happen before or after tragedy attacks you from all sides and misery moves in?

At what point do you stop helping a friend in need
Does it happen before or after he leaves you in a ditch and she ignores your cries?

At what point does He stop loving you
Does it happen before or after your sins turn the ocean red

At what point do we stop trusting and believing He loves?
At what point do we decide to take matters into our own hands?
At what point does self preservation trump His divine commandments?


As i said before this is from a very cluttered mind. I started writing something totally different
and now we have this, hmmmm.... It seems everybody has a limit and then they snap
and do something uncharacteristic, unconscionable or even  criminal. I don't want
to blame it on the devil and say he is the one that makes us believe that limits
exist so I won't  but the fact remains, we all have limits set in our minds.


Christ love is limitless. He forgives each
and every sin we bring with a repentant heart
Each temptation the devil presented He was able to
withstand because there were no limits that could make Him
disobey His Father. His love is like His existence: not bound by time


i have limits
we all have limits
and then ...... 

His love steps in  
End of story

10 comments:

2cute4u said...

This is really an interesting piece..I have fun here..

Tisha said...

He makes me know that i can be as limitless as Him.
Because i believe God, i doubt what i see
Because he loves me, i know i can love too

Your post makes me think and appreciate God more.

Tisha said...

by the way...
I liked the way you arranged
the letters of your words for us
totally cool!

Got the message
too thanks
love ya

Fabulo-la said...

yea...Christ does complete us truly. But its another hard thing to understand sometimes..

Jaycee said...

At what point? Good question. And a big YES to me having limits. Yesterday someone made me snap...I really didn't want to. Thank God He's the one that hides me in His limitless love. Or else my limits would have destroyed my purpose.

These ones caught my eye:

"At what point does being American conflict with being a Christian
Does it happen when tolerance contradicts the truth or when prosperity obscures peace?"

"At what point do you decide to scream in church
Does it happen before mundane ritualistic litany of prayers or does it even happen at all?"

"At what point do you stop believing that He cares
Does it happen before or after tragedy attacks you from all sides and misery moves in?"

Elastic said...

Nice blog, nice text lay out. I find u creative too.

I hide in Christ else my limit is here with me. He is my grace indeed.

doug said...

'At what point does being American conflict with being a Christian
Does it happen when tolerance contradicts the truth or when prosperity obscures peace?'

I think when tolerance wars with truth.

Nice post :)

佳俐 said...

生活總是起起伏伏,心情要保持快樂才好哦!!........................................

Rainyjoy said...

'Christ love is limitless', says it all. nice post

Kafo said...

@ Rainjoy: Yes it is, check out Psalm 36 i think it is in the Message translation, His love is ....

@ Doug: hmmmm when it wars with the Truth, i feel you but sometimes isn't it a lil' bit more subtle or are we just blind to see if

@ Elastic: :)

@ Jaycee:
I'm trying to imagine you snapping and i still can't see it in my head.
i have to admit that when i wrote the last one i was trying to unpitify myself but God is good and gives us only that which we can handle

@ Fabulo-la: i'm still working on the whole Christ completes you cuz honestly it is like DUDE if you complete mii why do i innately want to be filled with things other than you.

@ Tisha: i'm out of school too much time on my hands :)

@ 2cute4u: fun: hmmmm not always but somedays it is fun