525,600 minutes later

We don't stop living because we grow old; we grow old because we stop living.
George Bernard Shaw  [emphasis and substitution mine playing -> living]
 

a couple of things
  1. when i go to the gym today/tomorrow i will have to type in 26 ENTER instead of 25 ENTER. It's only on the treadmill that i realize I am a certain age. I guess today/tomorrow i turn 26, wow i'm closer to 30 than i am to 20. how time flies. God is good ooooooooooooooooooooooo.

  2. I'm a liar, i really think one way and act another way, chalk it up to the Logical dominant side of my brain. i opened my closest on Saturday and realized i didn't have anything that i wanted to wear. I had all this stuff i had accumulated over the last 12 years and none of them said mii. When it comes to clothes i just find it easier to conform and not dress the way i want to. I wanted a top and a following skirt that had blue in it and I don't own one. So yeah Birthday Resolution 1 is to embrace mii, first by getting rid of ALL these clothes that my sisters and friends like but isn't my style (which is like 80% of my wardrobe minus naija clothes).

  3. Facebook: I left facebook for about 2 years ago because of annoying busybodies. I returned two months ago. I'm done hiding, one thing i learned during this last year was that I answer to no living man. I don't, well i shouldn't. In reality I've been living in this prison to avoid questions by aunts and uncles that I can't stand. So i'm done. The person I talk to the most on this planet still has never been on my facebook profile picture because of this. We have been in a relationship for 3 years and yet it's like he doesn't exist.  I will still avoid confrontation when I can but i should be able to share with my friends without wondering who is copying my picture and showing it to my parents who are both in their 60's.

  4. Being an adult is not about moving out of the house or posting pictures on facebook, it's about making decisions and living with the consequences regardless of what they are. In order for mii to embrace this adulthood thingy I must be in the same chapter that God is, cuz currently we aren't even reading the same book. I want to be soo in tune so that each decision leaves mii in peace and not in pieces. So yeah Birthday Resolution 2: be on point with hearing from God.

  5. Birthday Resolution 3: getting rid of baggage. There are some people that I allow to affect me that just bring  emotional baggage. Now i have to admit that normally this is not the case but in the last 3 years I have allowed it to just build and pile up. Then there are the stuff that just is too heavy to carry emotionally that needs to be let go. So yeah, i need to identify and delete this stuff/people cuz i'm closer to 50 than i am to a newborn and very soon i will have to start thinking about arthritis medication.
  6. The quote above by Shaw haunts mii, i dream about the future and logical postpone all the things i want to do today for tomorrow. It needs to stop cuz i think ever since i turned 14 i acted like i was 50 always doing the logical thing and putting off the things i really want to do. I have gotten soo good at this that even when i have the chance to do things i either can't remember what i want to do or just fall back into the habit of being a rational soul.

11 comments:

akaBagucci said...

good stuff.. I thought I'd left FB for good, until I had to retrieve a phone number and i only had it in my FB inbox..:)

I think number 5 makes all the sense.. Currently in that phase myself......

Jaycee said...

Happy BIRTHDAY KAFO. One thing I want to say is that I am confident that you will be reading the same chapter that God is reading soon, because He has been waiting to take you to higher places...and "now" (the acceptable year-Isaiah 61) is the time.

Have a blessed birthday!!!

Kafo said...

@ akaBagucci:i used to be anti baggage and now i realize that somehow i have accumulated all this junk and it's frustrating but yeah it has to end

@ Jaycee: thanks beautiful :). Totally claiming your words

Sting said...

Happy Birthday. I hope u can keep all ur resolutions.

Tisha said...

Kafo, have i said i love you today
when i have troubled times, i think of kafo... of the "i am brimming in hope, swimming in reality..."

Loved your post, about no.5 did God say anything about arthritis?
No i don't think so, neither should you, think like God cos we have the mind of Christ.

...and if the enemy just told you to face reality, ask him whose reality? God's or his?
it's a choice.

Tisha said...

happy birthday love...

disgodkidd said...

happy birthday you! how do i find you on FB? please? you can inbox me...

Kafo said...

@ disgodkidd: i'm coming out of the closest SLOWLY oooo

@ Tisha: no arthritis, i was thinking that eventually if the Lord tarries i will be over 50 and then 75 and it's like wow

@ Sting: i really have to get rid of my clothes so hopefully after dealing with the pain of an empty closet i will be able to move on to empty emotional suitcases

simeone said...

happy birthday...even tho..i'm not exactly on time.. God bless you..

i really feel you on number 4..

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Happy Birthday Kafo (ok so i missed it by 10 days), but it's still your birthday month... I absolutely love your birthday resolutions, as my Italian friends would say: cease the moment : - .. .. short story :) we wanted a yummy chocolate ice cream (she is intolerant to gluten and lactose) and I wanted to loose some weight..:), but we were faced with this overwhelming desire, cause the guy we were with was already making us feel like we were loosing out.. so we ceased the moment .. :)

Back to you babe. There are reasons why you are who you are like, and why there are things that identifies you. It is time that Kafo starts to live the life she was born to live. I am so excitied about this.. and Happy 26th.

Kafo said...

@ The Life of a Stranger called me: i'm just reading your comments no 20 days after you posted it. It has been a month since i turned 26 and i have to admit that some days i still revert and live like a child ....

@ Simeone: :)