Twice the feathers

I got in my car yesterday
switched radio stations and heard Allister Bay talk about James, faith, slander and feathers. he said something so hot, i started to text myself the message while i was speeding down 59N just so i wouldn't forget

We sometimes define gossiping as spreading lies or embellished truths about another person
but Allister and i quote (cuz i texted it to myself while i drove DON"T DO THAT OOOOOOOOOOOOO)

says
slander is the unhelpful repeating of the wrongs of others.
he went on to say we propagate the failures of others in order to assuage our own guilt. In order to feel good about ourselves we degrade others (even if what we say is true)


Then I went thru the day

At the end of day, after dealing with people, expectations, sick people, coughs, thermometers, showers, chicken noodles, low internet connection and annoying classmates, slow drivers. Oh and after cursing out all these people to my steering wheel

i got an email
with THE SAME FEATHERS MESSAGE
only this time via youtube and not my Scottish preacher on the radio


what are the odds.


so yeah
now it's your turn

laterz

14 comments:

Rita said...

Oh My God! I can't believe this...this is profound! And I am repenting this minute of the wrong words I have said...

Thanks so much for sharing...

sunnyside said...

Texting on d wheel.. . . Hmmm

i trully agree with Allister. True talk

akaBagucci said...

the Allisterbloke puts it very succinctly.....

doll said...

thanks for sharing...its got me thinking...

Jaycee said...

I totally love this video and I'm so going to share it. You know, I once heard a preacher say that the day God said, "Let there be light," light has not ceased to shine.

Kafo said...

Day Two: I am conscious of my tongue but i still slip up

@ Jaycee: it is hot. I like the preachers take

@ doll: think oooooo and then act

@ akaBagucci: aha at least you were not first on this blog, every where i have been today you have been first aha

@ sunnyside: don't try it i normally don't but i knew i would forget if i didn't put it down and i didn't have pen or paper so....

@ Rita: God is good and works in mysterious ways cuz your post yesterday on gossiping was allin the same vein

Debbie said...

Hmm well said. Food for thought. Thanks for sharing.

LusciousRon said...

wow!

Myne Whitman said...

He video is so pertinent. I have learnt ooo.

aloted said...

hmm your post definitely got me thinking...will watch the video later..

meanwhile pls no texting while driving o.......kai

Daydah said...

nice one...most defn share this..thanks

Tisha said...

kafo love
you made my day with your statements...
sometimes i can be the judge and i just hate that post.
thanks

Olamild said...

NEVER text while driving

olaoluwatomi said...

WOw! Makes me wonder what the words i have spoken have done, God forgive me!