COSC 6356: Computer Animation and Simulation

u walk into a room and everyone is standing
do u sit
u walk into a room with clean sterile white walls
do u draw on it
u walk into a room and everyone is silent
do u talk


what is it about us that makes us conform to these unspoken norms
why do we try so hard to fit in and not upset the equilibrium.
Right now I'm on the web surfing and i see my girl new blog that she is launching soon and i am proud to know such an ingenious spirit, conflict in our relationship arise when we expect the other person to behave the way we do.
She is my sister in spirit, juggling Med. school and making purses on the side. Now none of these thoughts have a cohesive theme but I really need to stay awake in Dr. Deng's Animation and Simulation course i write this if it makes sense cool if not it's still cool


Be real, be true, be you
In His image you are uniquely made
so be true to the real you

You will never satisfy them
You will never become them
You will lose you in trying to fit in
so be true to the real you

Connect to your inner voice
take comfort in the silence
the moment you stop trying to please the world
and instead listen to His voice alone you become free

only one opinion matters, for real
so retire, pack up your boxes of conformity
clean out your closets of pretense
and embrace who you are

the terrifying reality of u will stun u
the mediocrity of your pursuit to impress them will embarrass u
the futility of the race will overwhelm u
and hopefully u will give it up





dang it i still have 19 more minutes to go,

i'll go blog hopping laterz

15 comments:

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Firrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssst

Remi, United Kingdom said...

I like, like... no love this piece...

I am one of those (to most people's annoyance) that will SIT, when I walked into a room and everyone else is standing

I will draw on clean sterile white walls, well cus I most probably will feel like it.. lol..

I will talk, speak or at least holla to the nearest person, if I walk into a room and everyone is silent.

I am so very thankful to God that I have never had the desire to confirm to what people, think or expect of me. My parents tried but they failed, various teachers tried but they failed, even friends tried and still do, heck they failed (as I type I am laughing so loud, cus it sure is funny how i have fought most of my adult life to be whom I want to be, whom I know God made me to be and whom I so desire to be.

Again.. I love, I love... this post! :-)))) Thanks for sharing.

JustDB said...

the terrifying reality of u will stun u,the mediocrity of your pursuit to impress them will embarrass u,the futility of the race will overwhelm u, and hopefully u will give it up

WOW.. Nice one...

Kafo said...

@ Remi: thank God for you ooooooooo

@ JustDB: if only my prof. knew he was my muse, hmmm maybe i should tell him this is what i accomplished those three lines are DEEP and then maybe he will bump my grade.

hmmmmmmmmmmm
but then again he might be offended i wasn't paying attention

Telekinesys said...

'only one opinion matters, for real
so retire, pack up your boxes of conformity
clean out your closets of pretense
and embrace who you are'

True talk.
Thanks for dropping by my blog.

simeone said...

phenomenal kafo ....true talk o ..from the last line**..i gave it up a looong time ago and i'm glad i did..

LusciousRon said...

Lovely poem. Na true talk you yarn.

NigerianDramaQueen said...

Beautiful piece.
To quote D'banj:
"Photocopy ko easy...there will never be another like me!"

Daydah said...

:D nice one! As usual. A pity about the extra 19 minutes...:D.

I have that exact prob right now at work and even just vented about it. I cannot be anything but myself!
Thanks for sharing!

Writefreak said...

Nice piece...i won't even try to be anyone else, it's not worth it!

Buttercup said...

wow..u wrote this while listening to a lecture..hmm..r u talented or what?

i feel u on the conforming thing..human nature, i guess..

p.s. i mentioned ur blog in my recent post :)

Kafo said...

@ Telekinesys: i'll be back

@ simeone: i like the last line too, that whole last part i was like hmmm this works

@ LuciousRon: thank u ooo

@ Daydah: live u

@ Writefreak: very true

@ Buttercup: awww thanks for mentioning mii oh, i really do believe i used to follow your blog about 2 years ago and then dropped off somehow until last week

Olamild said...

"You will never satisfy them
You will never become them
You will lose you in trying to fit in
so be true to the real you"


you had me there

Kafo said...

@ Olamild: i hope u are feeling better ooooo, i once looked at a picture i took at a place with some people i knew and i wanted to burn it, not because i didn't look good but because i didn't look mii

Chi-Chi said...

O, thanks so much for your assistance

I was thinking of a mac ;D

i wouldn't even lie, cause it's in style

but normally, i love taking pics editing them, doing videos, no i don't play games/ program alot, i use ares to download ma stuff

so would you consider a mac :D?