VocabWitness

I have never been to a poetry slam
I have never read my poetry in public
I have never competed in a poetry thingy
I have never seen spoken word performed live
I have never gotten a 10 talk less of 2 10s as a poet
I have never qualified for regionals in any competition
I have never been to anything remotely related to poetry

but today I did all the above

so yeah

Glory be to God

It was an experience and I have to add a witness. I really was not going to go at around 6 I still had and still HAVE a tone of work to do but then my friend who found out about it before I could think of a way to not tell her was going to show up just for mii and then I was like I will go but not say anything but the moment I got there I signed up before I lost the nerve. Oh and of course CSO pulled a reverse psychology thingy that I didn't notice.

I was surrounded by poets talking about Obama, politics, sex, drugs, the N word and politics, sex and Obama and politics and sex and I got up there and presented Dear Human.
So yeah regionals is in Corpus Christi and there is this Poetic Vision thingy next week I have been invited to so yeah keep mii in your prayers.

15 comments:

Robyn said...

Thats an opp i wouldnt miss Bro,,,go represent my brother stand in our gap cos " we havent yet"

DiAmOnD hawk said...

congratulations...
i wish i could hear you speak the words.. maybe do a recording and post it on ur blog? :-)

thefriend said...

YAY!!! Praise God for the gift...and don't shy away from using it. I'm still smiling. :)

Jaycee said...

"Dear Human" was one of the best things I've ever read...I'm sure it was good. Yay for you! Congrats on signing up...what was d unspoken in the past has finally become d spoken...

Jaycee said...

That song..."Give me words to speak..." Me likeyyyyy!!!!! :)

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

And your words became life, and burroughed as a seed in someone's life and refused to die until in bore forth fruit..

u can do girly..

Aphrodite said...

Good luck in ur endeavours dear.

rethots said...

...a great journey usually starts with a 'tiny' (though prepared consciously or unconsicously) step.
Congratulations

KM said...

Congrats sweetheart! :)
Keep moving forward...

simeone said...

wow..congrats...and well done..
now you are letting lose "the spoken".....
keep keeping on...

Neers said...

Amen!! Go break some leg!!

p.s: kafo, my friend, inviting you to my wedding!

tankojjetty said...

going to that kinda event on sunday too...
dont have a poem yet but might as well write one...
wats really exciting is that you get to listen to the opinions of diverse individuals captured in words...

Vera Ezimora said...

WOW.

How did it feel???? I cannot imagine it! I've often wondered what I would feel like reading a verse out of my future book.

WOW

eizzy.k said...

Its exciting isnt it?!
Once you start its hard to stop, writing poetry feels great but sharing it with an apreciative audience is a totaly different high...

eizzy.k said...

check out some of my work at;
eizzypoety.blogspot.com

it started off as poetry but i post my art there too...
bless