Sabbath Series: 13 - I broke it

Last year, a friend gave mii a Rolex for my birthday. HOT. I am not one for finery and rarely wore the watch except on special occasions, on my sister's wedding day I put the watch on and decked out in my tradi looking all fly. I am not the greatest dancer in my family but let's just say i got a lil too jiggy with it and my watch fell and the glass broke. My brother-in-laws cousin works for Rolex and offered to take it to their store and have it fixed for free, I decided instead to have my tailor fix it and lets just say that there is a difference between plastic and glass

Am I sane?

Earlier this year at the beginning of the semester in January, I bought a 2008 Toyota Corolla. This car is a dream. Honestly. It is like driving on water, no sounds, no bumps, no shaking, just cruising every where. My 14 year old cousin doesn't understand the concept of boundaries and so he BORROWED my car and crashed it. Now being that I live for free in my uncles house I couldn't really crucify my cousin or sell him to buy a new car, so even tho' I had comprehensive insurance which offered to pay for all the repairs at the local Toyota dealership I decided to bypass them and instead paid my boyfriend, who is a nurse $4,000 to fix it and being that I love him sooo much I guess ths would be the wrong time to tell you that the only time my car is not screeching and screaming now is when it is parked.

Am I sane?


I just got this sweet HP laptop, here are the specs. It comes with a dual core Intel Centrion, 4 GHz processor with 6 GB of RAM and half a Terabyte of harddrive space with a dual layer DVD writer with lightscribe capabilities. Two days ago, water poured on it, and it went berserk. I was angry at myself and then I remembered that it was still under warranty so I didn't flip out too much. So I decided to take my laptop to my mechanic who charged mii 200 dollars to fix it instead of to the local HP laptop dealer which was free and now my laptop works but the screen is always a shade of grey and blue.

Am I sane?

You don't think I'm sane
but you do the same thing everyday.
Everytime your life, your soul,
which I choose to believe is more precious than gold
is hurt or damaged beyond your control
you choose to fix it and try to make yourself whole.
a
You talk to friends who sometimes console
and other times cajole you to dig a deeper hole.
All of this takes a toll on your damaged soul
and yet you persist to resist
the only One that can truly assist
who doesn't need a checklist
to identify what has been missed.
a
Your soul is under eternal warranty
so instead of doing something costly
instead of dealing with the worry
instead of being surly on this journey
because you had to pay a pretty penny
for that which has been given freely
a
approach the throne
approach the throne of the One
approach the throne of the One who created you
before the foundations of the world He knew you
and made a plan to send His son to redeem you
a
a
approach the throne of the One
for He alone can fix whatever ails you.
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
I do not have a 2008 Corrolla or a Rolex or a Intel Processor HP Laptop and I promise you that if you were to find it in your heart to give any of these items to mii I WILL NOT misuse them or fix them in an insane manner. :)

15 comments:

Jewells said...

I soooo see where you are coming from. Love the poem. Deep. I must go ponder it.

disgodkidd said...

OOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK! you GOT ME! if the poem had come first, or alone, it wouldnt have made the same impact.

i plead guilty. concerning the poem.

and concerning your vivid imagination(esp the laptop part...i almost wanted to stage a coup at the office when i read the specs), i was practically drooling with envy....

Jaycee said...

LOLLLL @ the disclaimer at the bottom of your post. Ha ha...I really loved what you did with this post, and you already know I'm featuring it...muhaha...

"Your soul is under eternal warranty..."

I thank God that He's always there when I am silly, and I don't have to make a mistake twice. Instead, I do not mind me running foolishly into the hands of the Master Potter, apparently that act is not so foolish after all. Thanks babes!

I need a new laptop myself...my screen is acting funny!

Jaycee said...

I like Brandon Heath's voice...I can easily fall in love with it...

simeone said...

you know i thot such a laptop was available in the market..i wa already calculating..then the disclaimer...you ehn..
you so drove the point home..why sld i pay for what has been given already...thank God i'm not ignorant of my eternal warranty...
so luvd this piece

crys said...

where have u been all my blogging life? cool stuff.

rethots said...

"You talk to friends who sometimes console and other times cajole you to dig a deeper hole...."

Whoa! how knew thee. So true, yet still we (not just CONTINUALLY but) consciously strive on eventhough we know there is a pit right infront of us.

But then, thanks to Him who counts it not against us. Oh! how wonderful a Father we have in Him.

Beautifully written.

simeone said...

someone's talking bout you on my blog o..

The poets voice ~~~ said...

hahaha!!! LOOOOOL..nice one indeed.
thanks for reminding me that there's only one place where I can take things to fix..

PS..I would have sent you a laptop or a rolex if i wasn't looking for one myself...lol

emelectric said...

Hey. I found your blog through a friend and this post really spoke to me. I wonder why I still try to fix things myself when God has already made provision for all situations. Thank God for His patience. Thank you for provoking my thoughts!

Tales said...

This is a good reminder that God does the ultimate fix... thanks for an enriching post

http://talesandtallies.wordpress.com

aloted said...

this was soooooooo DEEP...

thanks for helping me rethink!

Daydah said...

You touched my soul...again. Deep stuff, yet sooo true! There is only one place to run to when we are in need of help - Papa God's arms...
Kafo, we all need a Rolex and HP laptop o!

Kafo said...

@ jewells: thank u

@ disgodkidd: HA HA HA lol the moment the idea came to mind i was like i have to make it unbelievably a dream but yeah the moment a laptop like that drops i will be lining up for it

@ jaycee: that is my second fave line, your soul is under eternal warranty how many times do i forget that so yeah this is a selfish post

@ simeone: yes oooooooo such a laptop ha i would so be there

@ crys: uhh i don't know LOL

@ rethots: consciously hmmmm that takes it to another level how true.

@ the poets voice: keep the rolex and share the laptop with mii

@ emelectric: thanks for stopping by

@ tales: thanks

@ aloted: please this is more of a personal indictment now i am going to be held accountable.

@ daydah: get my cousin to buy you one LOL

Olufunke said...

I love the poem,
You got me thinking........
and I tot you had the ROlex, the corolla and I was like yo ucould be so insane?
Now I am thinking...how many times I have acted so insane......
God is my maker........He alone can fix me ALL THE TIME!
Nice blog!