Let mii preface this by saying that there are some things that are on the DON'T DO list and SEX along with Drugs and Alcohol top that list but then there is a lot of gray area between holding hands and doing the deed, so yeah and being that talking about sex in church is a moot issue (they make it seem like it is the ANTICHRIST) i turn next to books for advice (yes i know i should ask my Pastor in private and all that jazz but then my pastor is my uncle so yeah let's just say that i will be on the next plain to Otun Ekiti where i will live out the rest of my years feeding the homeless)
So yeah, I wish I could say that this book is all that and that is answers all the questions but it doesn't.
- Reiterates the point that sex should be between a married man and woman
- Dispells some myths that society and the church have about sex
- Educates the reader on how sex is a communal thing (i think this was the most original part of the book)
- Offers tips on how to remain pure: i think my fave. part was when she said if you can't do it in front of your father don't do it at all WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT (okay then she said that being that that is kinda Freudian and creepy you should use the Rotunda rule)
- Is real, of course being that this is my first relationship/sex/chastity book I am not yet an expert.
- Ties in pornography and masturbation and I must admit adequately informs the reader on how it is just part of the slippery slope
This book does not
- Draw the line on what is kosher and what is not (DANG)
- Preach on how Sex is the devil's younger brother's son
- Use Biblical text to develop her statements (but then there is nothing on porn in scripture)
- Try and convince you that you shouldn't have sex, it just states the fact as they exist.
All in all, I give this book 3 stars. Read it if you nothing else to do and if you are curious about community and sex, porn, masturbation and ROTUNDAS. The beginning is kinda boring tho'