Sabbath Series: 2

You:
Shower mii with grace in the morning
Speak words of life without hesistation
Your lips serve as a blessing each time they are parted
Cuz every syllable you speak is a delicacy to savor
Your words are that of a wise person, gracious and timely
The lips of the wise protect them, and yours are no different
You measure your words and weigh your thoughts
Seasoned with love and marinated in grace.

* * *

I:
start out talking nonsense,
My mouth lashes out with pride,
I should guard my tongue from profanity,
But the more I talk, the less truth;
if I were wise, I will keep quiet.
Even dunces who keep quiet are thought to be wise;
as long as they keep their mouths shut, they're smart

if I were wise, I will keep quiet.


Words on my lips
Words on my tongue
Words on my lips
Incessant chatter
Words on my tongue
Hurtful jabs gather
...
A moratorium on words.









NCV, Message, TNIV, NIV, CEV, Song of Solomon 4:11; Ecclesiastes 10:12,13; Psalm 34:13; Proverbs 10:19, 17:28,14:3,

0 comments: