Winter in Houston

I have been in Houston for about 70 days now and what can I say. I wish I can sum up my Texan Winter adventure in one word or a phrase but at this moment the words elude mii, there used to be a time when the lateness of the hour prompted deep thoughts and beautiful phrases but the HEAT in this place is killing mii. Seriously, normally the silence that encapsulates the wee hours of the morning (2-4 a.m) provides comfort but my family in Houston never sleeps, or they do and then get mii up with their noise at around 7 IN THE FREAKING MORNING.

Anywayz, i am blessed and happy that winter is officially over and so here it is in a nutshell.

Okay so let mii sum it up in a few unpoetic phrases.


  1. January was exhausting: somewhere between falling sick for the first 2 weeks of classes and trying to figure my way around campus I physically was spent. I seriously woke up tired on most occasions.
  2. February was nerve racking: my car and classes both decided to test my endurance level. I also think my prof. TA wants to send mii to early grave, the kid graded my paper and ended up with score of 56 I WAS LIKE WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!! and I have to admit that I ran to the bathroom and cried, called CSO and then calmed down and realized that 28 points were not allocated to mii so yeah ended up with a 84 but that initial citing of an F on my first grad school test is inprinted in my memory for life. Oh and let's not forget the political jargon and games that plagued this month.
  3. March is sinusoidal: one day it is all wonderful the next day the roof caves in For instance, on monday, some SOB is breaking my car window to not steal anything. I thought it was an unspoken rule between us college students worldwide, WE ARE ALLLLL BROKE and do not even have pennies in the jar but yeah some guy broke in and decided to dampen my Spring Break mood. But then today (as in wednesday) I got lost in Borders and fell in love with Pablo Neruda all over again and again and again, let's just say that between Him and Thomas Merton I will have my hands full over the next couple of weeks
  4. Projection for April: Rain, rain and more rain and hopefully peace. So yeah I'm expecting rain and praying for peace amidst the storm.

Wow it is spring break. I am sooo tired. I am going to bed. I don't feel on any sort of break tho', the weather hasn't changed and even tho' Spring officially begins today I feel like I am in summer. I love the weather tho' this 70 degree winter will grow on mii

Out

Kafo

So yeah that is the state of affairs at this point.

9 comments:

Jem said...

wooooaaa! a whole 28 pts? That's too much to have been mistakenly missed. Hmmm, don't think ur TA should be grading any more papers...

Jaycee said...

Dear God, pls let Kafo's projection for RAIN be only at her end of the world...lollll.

Awwww, yesss...March was also sinusoidal for me, I guess it would take a lotta pages to write abt the experiences...up and down momentums!

So u love Borders bookstore too? Yippee...one more common thing. I'm getting to love books more each day too, like u. Cos I can see from this blog that u're a wide reader! What does Pablo Neruda write abt?

TV Digital said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

disgodkidd said...

hey you...

Kafo said...

@ Jem honestly it was like an out of body experience i saw the paper saw the name looked at the writing and i was like hmmmmmmmmm.... is this really mii

@ Jaycee: i am beginning to realize that even tho' Barnes and Nobles has more comfortable chairs borders is more accessible and diverse.

Pablo Neruda hmm in a nutshell a fabulous poet born in Chile with communist leanings. but yeah i reading some of his stuff that had been translated and yeah, i'm in love.

He writes about politics, love, life really diverse guy i can't limit him to one genre

@ disgodkidd: hey you

NaijaBabe said...

28 points...NOT COOL.
My last 2 courseworks have been crap like that.

Honeywell said...

lol! especially about the breaking into your car thing.... i know right? you'd think they'd be understanding, after all, we are all in the same position....

Queen of My Castle said...

LOL @ this post. Be careful what you pray for, some areas of Houston get too much rain and flood EVERY year. LOL. The summers here are beyond hot. Things will get better. Loving your attitude about it, though! Such a trooper

Queen of My Castle said...

LOL @ Jaycee