November to Remember

Praise isn't the same as thanksgiving
Praying isn't the same as requesting

So for the last four hours I've been trying to write something
Seriously I've been online since around 3 and yeah those two lines that's it.

November is hard to define
I'm trying to remember the whole month and find a way to put a bow on it and wrap it up and toss it in the vault but a myraid of emotions litter the ground. Rage, resentment, pain, peace, patience, disappointment, despair, happiness, hunger, hope, anger, anxiety and the list goes on.

I went for a walk today and yesterday and trying to see God in all this and talk about how far he has brought mii this month cuz in comparison to my emotional state last month November rocks, now of course stuff went down that broke my heart or caused mii to scream but someone in it all I got a glimpse, but yeah, the words just don't convey what I'm feeling they sound like platitudes and Eliphaz and Bildad and let's not forget Zopher so yeah, i don't want to sound preachy.

Sad
sniffle
sniffle.


that is the problem I'm trying to describe God and my relationship this past month but fall short because words don't do him justice. So technically it isn't my fault and writer's block does not exist in this case. It is God's fault he is more than words.
Indescribable
and I wish I could tell you why
but He is more than wonderful
More than my heart or mind can see
I wish I could describe him to you
but words fall short, so yeah
He is more than the words in the dictionary can express
He is more than the father that picks you up when you cry
He is more than the mother you cleans up after you
He is more than the friend you supports your crazy plans
He is more than the banker that extends your loans
He is more than the spouse who witnesses each pitfall
He is more than
So let's just say
He is more


14 comments:

Jaycee said...

He is more than the words in the dictionary can express
He is more than the father that picks you up when you cry
He is more than the mother who cleans up after you
He is more than the friend who supports your crazy plans
He is more than the banker that extends your loans
He is more than the spouse who witnesses each pitfall


Haleluyah....

Jaycee said...

And I LURVEEEEEEE that INDESCRIBABLE song!!!! Ahhhhhh...does something to me everytime I hear it.

You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name...

None can fathom....

disgodkidd said...

much more...

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

this is wonderful

Poetic Justice said...

that song still gives me chills. I had it playing in my head. Sandi still does it for me. Anyway, That is right gurl! He more than everything to me!!!!

Kafo said...

@ Jaycee: when i wrote down the words Indescribable immediately i started hearing Chris Tomlin's song in my head.

@ Poetic Justice: does this mean u r back???

Jem said...

Praise God! Indeed words cannot express and the mind will never fathom enough how precious the Lord is..... amen. I loved this.

Red Puree said...

"It is God's fault he is more than words.Indescribable!!!!"

NOW GIRL THIS IS HOT!!!

I am in a month of wanting to know Him as the Sovereign one... (Kabiyesi- Psalm 115:3 ). The one that rules on any matter and no one can question.....

laspapi said...

If one could found the words to describe him, He is finite. Well done, Kafo, you passed the message of His magnificence across well. He is more.

feather said...

He's all that and more. Glory to Him
@Jaycee: i feel you on that song

curvyice said...

I Concur, God showed himself in many ramifications. cnt even start. but you summed it up beautifully. thank GOD for Jesus.

lindwee said...

Amen!
He is more than the world can give.

Jaycee said...

madam, I've tagged u on my blog. You shall not escape this one...cos u're weird!!!! Lolll...

Street Preacher said...

yes He is more..truly more than words! He too had to say "I am that I am" for indeed there are no words!
and I can also relate with November... one minute I was praising, d next i came crashing! but how can we know the heights of His comfort if we do not experience the depths of brokenness!