30 Days of Thankfulness 2: DAY 8

Day 8... NEW BEGINNINGS

Diamond tagged me in her month of Thankfulness so here it goes. But before I go any further I have to thank God for the internet. You see for the last three weeks my internet connection was MIA. I had to go to the library to check my email every couple of days and yesterday around 6 pm Internet came back home and we have been having a party since.


New Beginnings
Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. Lam. 3:23 (NLT)

Lamentations is a saddest (if that is a word) book of the Bible. A book of weeping and mourning but somewhere amidst all the prophesies of doom Jeremiah found hope in God's mercy which like the dawning of a new day are new every morning.

The sun rising in the east
The birds chirping as they feast
Dew on grass, sky so blue
Fresh crisp air, remind me of you

Your mercy and your grace
Allow me to set a new pace

I'm thankful for new beginnings, Father
Yes, I know that You know that I'm a creature
who avoids change but this time around I'm thankful
and somewhat grateful for the process and some of the pain


So here is the story peps.
I moved out to Cali about 2 months ago with the sun in my eyes and thought that this new beginning would validate and justify the last 30 months but it didn't. Saying I was disappointed is putting in lightly, i think I spent the better part of September crying and October cursing but now as I start my third month in exile I realize that I needed this. I needed to see that even tho' I had come far I still have major issues. You see, I had gotten comfortable in Indy, my flaws were hidden with routine and structure but being in this crucible has awaken me to my inadequecies and dependence on God.

So yeah, 8 reasons I'm thankful

I'm thankful for the new people I've met and the experiences I've had.
I'm thankful for the kids that it seems were born to drive me mad.

I'm thankful that I came here regardless of the pain.
I'm thankful that I can now call love by his name. (N)

I'm thankful for the friends that kept me together (Naija parties & blog comments)
I'm thankful for November's 80 degree weather

I'm thankful that I get another new beginning in Texas ( in 3 weeks baby!!!)
I'm thankful that I am learning how to accept this

and to sum it all up

I'm thankful that thru' it all,
tears and shame,
disappointment and pain,
and all the other stuff that shouldn't be named


God was there, even tho' most times I felt alone
but every once in a while
as I watch the rising sun,
His mercy
hmmm
His mercies
yeah new every morning


I'm tagging Jaycee and KM for Day 9. Which is the Day of i dunno. Hey Diamond do I come up with what the day is or do u?

12 comments:

DiAmOnD hawk said...

lol... well the numbers are just the ones i know from the bible... 9 is the number of spiritual completeness :-)

i am so jealous of your weather... pass some of that warmth over here...

Thank God for everything

Jaycee said...

wow...thank God for what He's done for you...u made me reflect...

May God help me place my reflections on paper...

Allied said...

I was about to say Update!!!

In everything i give thanks. He is the reason i am what i am today.

KM said...

Done! :-)

So you're heading to this state here? Awesome... Look forward to hearing more about that.

Have a great weekend, Kafo.

disgodkidd said...

am thankful for the gift of sharing in the days of your life.

Olamild said...

wonderful

Believer said...

Thanks for this reminder and thank God for all He is doing in your life. Remain blessed

rethots said...

The hymnist put it thus:
Thro' al the changing scenes of life, In trouble & in joy, His praises should continually be on our lips.

I'm thankful He's brought me thus far. A favour year 'thas been, what more can i say? Thank you Lord.

Loxiouslucie said...

movin is not all it seems until u reach the destinations n see the stuff u omitted along the way but wit God those missed steps are the pillars that hold u up to be a livin testimony og Gods active role in your move..stay blessed

Kafo said...

God is good
even when you are trying sooo hard not to see what he is doing

Daydah said...

God moves in mysterious ways...Even when things seem upside down, I know He's there. I just hold on to the verse that says, "ALL things work together for the good of them that love Him". That has always helped me through my valleys.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Good is indeed great.