Ode to Square One

We’ve been together for a long time.
We’ve broken up so many times,
That I have started to lose count.
I am familiar with every curve of your chiseled frame,
Yet I leave you brokenhearted time and time again.

One would expect you to hate mii.
People would applaud if you reject mii.
You've been advised to cast mii out because of my deceitfulness,
But you always welcome mii with your warm embrace.
You never raise your voice, instead
You extend your arms in a gesture of love.

O how I love to hate you.

Your shadow soothes my mind and soul.
Because it masks the pain that is apparent in my bearing.
Stooped shoulders and blood-shot eyes,
Sweaty palms and tear-stained cheeks,
Are all embraced in your beautiful darkness.

I come to you to lick my wounds.
I arrive at your doorstep
when Disappointment is flying high,
Dreams come crashing to the ground,
and when Gravity refuses to let Hope fly.
I am broken and yet you still love mii.


Thank you, for loving mii.

10 comments:

Jaycee said...

FIRST...I'm speechless at the enormosity of the emotions this poem can produce...

I can imagine how many people feel this way. A one-way highway of LOVE.

JJ said...

Deep and Raw.

Omodudu said...

Nice nice....

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Gosh, Thank God that God is always there for us, even if we are not. Have a blessed week.

Vixen said...

If I didn't know better I would say you are talking about your friggin' computer.

ICE said...

The human being oft fails to realize how much he is loved. This is why he harbours so much hatred, envy, deceit, mistrust; the list goes on...

One cannot make a purchase on an empty bank account. You cannot give that which you have not received. Love given out is love received.

Acknowledge, believe, understand that you are loved with an unconditional love and you will give nothing else to the world but love.

God loves us, really.

disgodkidd said...

you couldn't have said it better. thank God for the blessing of you.

dairy of a G said...

Aww the hi way of love.

as shaggy said life is all good when your young and you having fun but who's gonna have your back when its all done

she seems like a nice person try n do her the best

Kafo said...

@ vixen: COMPUTER mercy. I will eventually get around to giving her props. I am not sure if she is male or female tho?

Noni Moss said...

Hmmm - as they say - this is DEEP! I like how it's the woman that is the baddy but the last verse struck me the most.

Fabulous!