SAID NEVER SEEN EVER

Noncompliant
I Live
Complacent
I Talk

But do I Walk?

My Light should
Whisper
From the Depths of my Soul
Resonate
Past This Outer Shell
Illuminate
With Words Unspoken
Distinguish
My Life from Yours
Circulate
The Gospel Truth
Simplify
The Fundamental Doctrines
Disintegrate
The Walls of Religion
Initiate
The Reconciliation Process

Recognition of the Maker is Instinctive
The Acknowledgement of His Power in a life should be ...
I dunno
Should it be blatantly screamed or annoyingly conveyed?
Or maybe it should be logically presented as a theory of science?
hmmm
...
Unspoken?

How about
Said Never but Seen Ever

I like that
Said Never Seen Ever

Copyright ©2007 Kafo


Is my life a reflection of His light?


It is almost 6 a.m. and I am still awake
Mercy. This is getting worse.

I ask myself this question as my eyelids threatening to lose the battle against gravity.
I ask not because I do not know the answer.

I ask
because I avoid it.

8 comments:

Noni Moss said...

I really like the beginning especially where you highlight the words with special meanings.

Very stirring poem. I love the work resonate. Your poem resonates in me :-)(at least the first bit - the 2nd just seems like you're talking) but i also really like the last line - said never but seen ever. I'm not sure i quite get your meaning though.

mack said...

damn! I love you.

I love the way your mind works. Those same questions that plague you, keep me company.

Vixen said...

Oh graciousness! And I thought I pondered when I was awake. Call me when you are---the time zones are good for a reason. Love you sis.

Jaycee said...

The acknowledgement of our Maker in life should be...

I dunno...

I feel it can be explained in the number of things that take my breath away...the air, the breeze, the trees swaying from side to side outside my window...could not have been created by mere man...

Loved the reflection...every bit was natural, just "you"...

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

Beautiful

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

ok i quit. my comment didnt sho. kafo did u delete........?? I wanted you to know that I liked this peice. keep it up.

Kafo said...

@Noni: yeah i started to digress at the end. I just stopped speaking English somewhere

@Mack: hmmmm R U BACK YET?

@Vixen: 3 a.m. your time. Ur boy will kill mii and i really do love living. Even if my life pisses mii off.

@Jaycee and Overwhelmed Naija babe: Thankx

@dLifeofaStrangerCalledMii: no i didn't delete it. It must be the aliens that are invading our stratosphere. FOR REAL
LOL

Daydah said...

Your complex mind
Your beautiful verses
they stir me
ALL THE TIME