WAR on my mind

We have a problem.
We are at war and we don’t even realize it.

I am not talking about the debacle in the Middle East or the genocide in the Darfur region of Sudan.
No.
I am not talking about the war on drugs, AIDS, or poverty.
No.
I am not talking about the war on families or the war against gays.
No.
I am definitely not referring to the Great Controversy between good and evil; that I will leave to theologians, pastors, spiritual leaders and philosophers.

This war is so subtle, so beautiful in it’s danger that it manages to confuse us.
What we are versus what we think we are
What we need versus what we think we need
What we want versus what we think we what

You see this war is a war that takes place on the battlefield of the mind.
The corridors that house the neurons that transmit data to the rest of our body also serve as the trenches for this battle.

We are at war with ourselves and the really alarming thing about it is that we don’t even realize it.

This is a war against time

Every moment we live is a moment we die
Every moment we live is a moment we die
Every moment we live is a moment we die

So do we stop living in order to stop dying?


Copyright ©2007 Kafo

5 comments:

mack said...

we have to start dying to start living. I die everyday. I'm not the same guy you met the previous day, something changed. I'm my mutation. Slowly dying , slowly living.

One moment we die, the other we live, the other we live/die at the same time.

Kafo said...

I like that
slowing dying, slowing living

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

Wow! You have a way with words my dear... I'm really impressed.. like i said earlier... you inspire me

Poetic Justice said...

Hell no! We keep living so that after we die we realize we left nothing on the table

Live life to the fullest...

Poetic Justice said...

I prefer living while I slowly die because life comes fast whether we like it or not before long we are hitting 70 wondering what happened to the teenage years that's why you have to live life to the fullest